Friday, May 30, 2014

Proper Nutrition = Better Recovery

After my accident eating well was a struggle. I often forgot to buy groceries, prepare food, or even drink water. My physical body was trying to recover from my TBI AND deal with poor nutrition and dehydration. I knew I needed to change my behavior, but it was hard. I set a goal to get in better shape and gain some muscle. If I was going to reach this goal I needed to eat a balanced diet, have meals prepared so I didn't skip them, and drink plenty of water.
  I researched what I needed to eat in order to gain muscle and I made a plan to cook several meals at once so I would have food ready to eat in the refrigerator.
  I cook lots of vegetables, ground turkey, and sweet potatoes. These have become my staple foods. I always have several Tupperware containers full of these foods in the fridge. This has made eating well much easier and I have noticed an increase in my energy and my mood has been stable. I prepare meals twice a week.


                                                               






I'm also drinking Golden Milk twice a day. This is an ancient beverage made of milk and turmeric paste. The drink is supposed to help elevate inflammation and helps digestion. Here is a link to more information and the recipe. Golden Milk recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment