Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lumosity.com, is a great brain exercise website.

Lumosity.com
This site is great for TBI's, it's the same principle that I mentioned before in my post on chess and TBI recovery. I can't stress enough the importance of exercising your brain. After my accident, my mother would always say "use it or lose it". She was right. TBI survivors must stay busy and keep their brains busy just like working out the body.
At first I gave up on my speech therapy because I didn't want people to think I was different. This was a mistake. I finally realized I needed to work hard if I was ever going to recover. I would encourage survivors, to "put the pedal to the metal", in recovery, especially new survivors.
I had to learn to swallow, walk, talk, everything over 13 years ago. So it can be challenging when I see other survivors give up, or quit trying. I know every Brain Injury is different and there can be limits to what people will choose to do, but I want TBI survivors to explore that they may be capable of reaching even higher goals then they think.
Luminosity 

No comments:

Post a Comment