Monday, May 12, 2014

Fitness and TBI

There has been lots of research done about the benefits of exercise for TBI survivors. I've always tried to stay in shape, but now I'm adding some self defense and boxing training to my personal fitness program. This type of training keeps me in great shape, helps me practice managing my emotions, increases my personal sense of safety, and produces endorphins that put me in a good mood. Don't neglect this important part of your recovery. Find a way to challenge yourself, I promise you will experience emotional and physical benefits.  I created the fun video below compiled of a couple of my boxing workouts. Check it out.





Here is an article discussing the benefits of exercise for TBI survivors.
Great Article of the benefits of exercise for TBI survivors

No comments:

Post a Comment