Monday, May 5, 2014

It's important for me to stay busy and creative.
Ceramics is a great way for me to express myself creatively. It helps me manage stress and allows me to work with my body and mind. I also like to produce a product I can use or sell. I feel blessed having my own studio space, wheel, and kiln. Allowing time to be creative is a huge part of my recovery and I encourage all TBI survivors to make time for art in your life.

Another form of creative expression I enjoy is bboy dancing. This is something I discovered after my accident. Before my TBI I was intimidated by the idea of dancing in public. Now expressing myself through dance has become a very important part of the way I connect with society. Dance allows me to communicate things that are hard to convey with speech or writing. I refuse to be trapped within my body and bboy dancing helps set me free. Check out some of my moves in the video below :)  



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete